Well, maybe not actually fishing. But, I am celebrating the Fourth with a four day weekend away.
Whoohoo!! Lord knows, I need it!
The picture above was taken a few years back in Booth Bay Harbour, Maine.
It is not where I am, but it is quite similar. And you know how I love a good guessing game.
So, I thought we might have a little Fourth of July fun (yes, I know it’s the fifth), but bear with me.
Here are some clues to my whereabouts….
- 22 other cities in the US share it’s name
- There are multiple lighthouses
- The first US circus was held here
- A famous icon lived and was married here
- I’ll be able to stroll along the street where the first gas illuminated streetlamp stood
- Lobsta and chowda grace almost every menu
- Tennis, Polo and Golf have been enjoyed here by the wealthy
- Home to one of the oldest surviving taverns in the US
- My America’s Cup will runneth over
So, there you have it. I hope I have given you enough info, but haven’t given it away!
Think you know where I am?
Leave your answer in the comments. The first person with the correct answer wins a little prize. Maybe it will be a little souvenir from my trip.
And of course, I will give you a full report on my weekend destination when I get back.
Have a great Holiday weekend and good luck!!