I spend the majority of my day on the Internet. And while sometimes that gives me a headache, eye strain and carpal tunnel, it also gives me constant exposure to content. I peruse so many things on other blogs, Facebook and Twitter – some of it good, some of it not-so-good and other things are just downright great! And I really like to share the good stuff, but I don’t get the chance to here as often as I’d like.
As a foodie, I am always drawn to good food, simple recipes and food porn quality photography. The photos are so important – you eat with your eyes first. And while I have been known to post a recipe or food photo or two (or twenty) myself – my blog is not 100% dedicated to food. It’s not a Food Blog per se.
But there are people out there who are Food Bloggers. And many of them do darn good work. I can attest to the fact that food blogging is hard work. I’ll never know their secrets for taking such good food photos. I mean, I know it starts with a kick-ass camera, one that may cost more than a month’s salary to purchase, and it ends with good lighting. Unfortunately for me – I have neither. But, I know some fine folks that do.
Here is a list of my favorite Italian Food Blogs. One warning though – DO NOT VISIT WHEN HUNGRY.
- Bell’alimento As a recipe developer, Paula dishes up her own Italian creations, with flare and humor!
- Proud Italian Cook Marie serves up home cooking with Italian-American style and yummy photos.
- The Italian Dish Elaine’s site is a real feast for the eyes. Great step-by-step photos and recipes. Love her pasta posts.
- Lucillian Delights Ilva is a photographer, so of course her photos are lovely, but her recipes are just as tasty.
- Frutto della Passione Joanne mixes food recipes with personal stories. There is even a cocktail section!
- Aglio, Olio e Peperancino Eleonora will tempt you with recipes and mouth-watering photos from Rome.
- Italian Food Forever Deb has almost every imaginable recipe on her site, what a great Italian resource!
- Juls Kitchen Giulia’s photos are the definition of food porn. Who needs a recipe when you can link your screen?
- Scordo Vince shares lots of guides and helpful how to’s on topics like canning, curing and wine making!
If you happen to visit, drool, fall in love or make a comment, please share the love and tell them My Mélange sent ya 😉
Your turn to share the love. Which Italian Food Blogs did I miss? Which ones are your favs and why?