Until I leave for Paris. I really can’t believe it. Time flies. What I really don’t understand though, is how it creeps up on you. I am a self-professed anal over-planner….and you would think I am always ready for anything. Months of reading, note scribbling, web surfing, checklist making *and remaking*, itinerary planning, reservation requesting…you get the idea…all boils down to sheer panic at the last minute. Some days I feel like Munch’s ‘The Scream’ painting looks. I realize that I am running out of time, a precious commodity around here these days, and I still feel like I have so much to do.
Wanna know what is stressing me out….well…here is just a sample of my to-do list…
- Rework my itinerary, as other friends plans are changing
- Wait with baited breath to get a call that the 20" Tumi wheelie that will be my only source of luggage, has finally arrived at the store in the color I want
- Pack and unpack, several times…I am going all carry-on this time!
- Convince myself(and you guys now) that I am not crazy based on the carry-on thing
- Pare down my list of 500 cafes, restaurants and wine bars that I want to visit in my 10 days, to a more manageable list..like 250..tops!
- Uh, rework my itinerary…again!
- Compare noise canceling headphones to decide which ones are the best, without just dropping the ridiculous $300 for the Bose, like everyone else does. Just-can’t-afford-that!
- Purchase said headphones along with a tush-cush, inflatable neck supporter, travelsox, black mary-jane Crocs, solid shampoo and solid body butter and pray that they arrive within the next 2 weeks
- Jam 5 quarts worth of liquid cosmetics into a one quart clear zip lock bag
- Oh my god….I need a pedicure!
- Take a passport sized photo of myself for my Carte Orange
- Attempt to locate my converter for my digital camera battery charger *good luck*
- Buy an international phone card
- Practice my French…"je voudrais une carafe au vin rouge de la maison, s’il vous plait"
- Buy champagne to drink on our way to the airport *remember the $300 I am saving on the Bose headphones…that went to ‘treating’ us to a car service to and from JFK….you only turn 40 once ya know!*
- Taking the pooch to ‘Grandma’s’ house
- Money… need I say more
- Uh, what are we he** doing with the mail?
Well, that’s just some of my list. It should be shrinking, but it is growing, taking on a life of its own! As I cross something off, I think of four more things to write, and this doesn’t even being to cover the added stress of worrying about how many hours I may be sitting on the tarmac. Aargh!
I love to delegate and would love a little help at this point! Who is gonna help me? What are you gonna cross off my list for me??? What are the things that stress you out at the last minute when traveling?