I was tagged by Jeni, over at the Passionate Palate for a Christmas Meme. I will give you my list of 12 things I love about Christmas. Whether it be traditions, memories, food, or Christmas past or present …here are my favorite things about the Holidays!
1. sight of the tree, with all the presents wrapped underneath
2. watching the How the Grinch Stole Christmas and Christmas Vacation
3. the Smells of Cranberry balsam filling the air
4. baking (and eating) Christmas cookies
5. mulled wine
6. chilling to the *classic* Christmas songs. You know Bing, Nat and Frank!
7. decorating the tree
8. watching my neices and nephews faces light up as they open their presents
9. on-line shopping ( avoiding the crowds is my Christmas present)
10. putting the cookies out for Santa…and having them be gone the next morning
11. extra time off from work
12. noshing on Monkey Bread at my Mom’s house on Christmas morning, hot right out of the oven!
I am tagging Anne, the Foodie Froggy, Stephanie at Rodrigvitz Style, Constance at Rochambeau, Melanie at Le Petit Cabinet de Curiosites and Melissa over at the Inspired Room. I know we are all very busy getting ready for the holiday, so no obligation here folks! And in the spirit of giving I am passing this along to anyone who wants to play~condsider yourself tagged!
And speaking of the spirit of giving, yesterday, Kathy from Dream of Italy notified me of some special promotions going on over at her site.
**Holiday gift subscriptions are being offered with a free DVD of Cinema Paradiso!
** And travel gift baskets are $10 off for My Melange readers!! Use the coupon 10basket at checkout to receive your $10 discount!
Happy shopping…or whatever last minute things you have left to do!