- You can learn a word a day and hear it spoken by a native Italian, at Transparent Language . You also get an example spoken in a sentence.
- About.com offers Italian Word a Day. You can also get it delivered in a newsletter. I like browsing the archives there.
- Rosetta Stone is touted by companies like NASA, IKEA and the US Army for being the best way to learn a language. Learn on your computer by associating Italian words and phrases with corresponding pictures!
- Learn some of the basics, for free. Including some popular phrases..one or two naughty ones too.
- Another set of short, basic lessons on the Internet. A good reference, with some quizzes to test your knowledge at the end.
- Talk about tech savvy. Why not learn through an Italian podcast? ItalianPod101.com – The Fastest Way to Learn Italian Guaranteed looks pretty cool.
- Call your cable company and ask to get RAI, an Italian TV channel as an add on to your package. This way you can practice, translate and hear Italian…anytime you wish!
- Do you have a Google page? You can add this gadget to it…another Audio Word a Day.
- Ever heard of Mango? Not the fruit, the Mango Languages program! It’s just as sweet. And if you have a membership to the New York Publc Library, you can get 100 Italian lessons for free. I took it for a spin, read my review.
- Or, you could live the true dream and go to school in Italy.
- Another free resource is a new app called Duolingo, which lets you learn on the go using your iPad or iPhone.
So tell me, what are some of the ways you learn basic Italian? What are your secrets for mastering a new language?