So, last week we covered budget accomodations in Europe, so I thought this week I would give you some tips on finding some stylish hotels or bed and breakfast's.
Imagine it is your first trip to Europe. You still want your first trip to be a memorable one. That may mean a charming, luxurious or dare I say romantic place to stay.
Something with that je ne sais quoi.
I understand completely.
Whether you are looking for a sumptuous boutique hotel in Paris, a medieval castle in Germany, a palace in Rome or a chateau in the South of France, these five resources will help you find your perfect storybook spot.
1. Karen Brown. Karen's name is synonymous with quality and distinction. It you are looking for an Inn or a Bed and Breakfast, she has you covered. The site includes reviews from real travelers on many of the properties. Other bonuses on the site include a trip planner, sample itineraries and links to travel tools like car rental, travel insurance and train reservations, making it a one-stop shopping experience.
2. Guides de Charme. This is an on line site based on the series of guide books with the same name. Extremely user friendly, you can narrow your search by easy clicks on maps and properties are easily discernible as hotels or B&B's.
3. Epoque Hotels. Equally easy to use with just as many great photos, Google maps and descriptions, this one has some limitations on lesser known locales. If you are sticking to the popular European cities, it will do the job. If you are headed to Spain or Italy, this one is perfect as the most listings available are in these countries. Each hotel listing displays the trip advisor rating and reviews (if it has been reviewed), which is an added bonus.
4. Exclusive Hotels. This site boasts almost 200 boutique hotels in Europe. Everything ranging from modern, clean minimalist to high end old world charm is featured on this site. Partners are listed in the shopping, restaurant and extra services categories that will add a little something to your stay. Not only do you get pictures here, but cool video of the hotels and the neighborhood in some instances.
5. Historic Hotels of Europe. Who wouldn't love to stay in an ancient castle, palace or chateau that has been restored into a hotel? Each one has it's own story and some are surprisingly affordable. The site is actually a collection of websites from each European country, showcasing it's best properties. Though not as user-friendly as the others and some of the pictures seem grainy on the main site, once you click through, you really won't care. You'll be imagining yourself lounging in the medieval castles and grand chateaus of years past.
Would you care to share an experience you had in a romantic, charming or grand hotel you may have stayed? Maybe you have a link to share of a chraming spot you have stayed. Feel free to share in the comments. I'd love to hear from you!
Now, head on over to My Bella Vita to see what travel tips Cherrye's serving up today!