Since it is the first Travel Tip Tuesday of the New Year, I thought it might be a good time to have a little fun.
To dream a little.
So, if you will indulge me, I wanted to give you an idea of some of the places I dream of traveling to. Yes, of course, Italy and France always top the list, but believe it or not, there *are* other places I'd like to see you know!
Here is my Dream Destination List- not in any particular order:
1. Greece. That clear blue-green water and those stunning cliffs with white-cubed houses tucked into the sides. Mamma-Mia!
2. Prague. Don't like the cold or the snow, but I think I could be persuaded to fall in love with it in Prague.
3. Bali. Uh, have you seen pictures of Bali? And I love me some orchids. But, you could substitute Bora Bora, Fiji or Tahiti here and I would be just as happy!
4. Australia. My brother went years ago and I loved the pictures he brought back of the Great Barrier Reef. And a hug from a cute little koala would never be turned away.
5. Ireland. Half my roots are in this country. It so green and friendly. I am a sucker for the brogue and they have Guinness!
6. Puerto Rico. Reminds me a bit of Europe, but I'd love to taste the local food. And Old San Juan looks charming.
7. San Francisco. I used to live there- so I'd love to go back to visit the city and some friends. And of course a quick trip to Napa would be in order for this wine lover.
8. Morocco. Definitely-for the food. And in case you forgot- you can see why here.
9. Savannah. It seems like it would be perfect for an antique lovin' romantic like me. And I like that Paula Deen, too!
10. Kyoto. Hu-low! Haven't you seen Memoirs of a Geisha? I would just love to see geisha's, cherry blossoms, Japanese tea gardens and the kimonos.
11. Costa Rica/Belize. Lush green foliage, rain forests, waterfalls and good snorkeling at rock-bottom prices! What more could a girl want?
12. Vienna. Just read a few weeks worth of Merisi's blog and you'll figure out why. Plus, they have a coffee drink called a Mélange. Fate, I tell you.
13. Bruges. It's the Venice of the North. Canals, flea markets and BEER! Oh my!
Ok, one thing is for sure. Either I need to seriously start playing the lottery or I have to dump C. and find me a millionaire.
So, while this may not have been a traditional Travel Tip or the wealth of information that you have become accustomed to getting here, it does get you thinking and dreaming of your own places you would like to go. Your dream destinations and dream vacations.
I guess there really is a tip. More like a message. Don't forget to dream. Dream big. Dream now and never stop. You never know where those dreams might take you.
Feel free to dream a little dream with me…and tell me what places are on your Dream Destination list.
Stop on over to My Bella Vita for more Travel Tip Tuesday!!