As a freelance writer, my writing style reflects my passion and enthusiasm for the topics I specialize in writing about – Travel, Italy, France and Food. Within the travel genre I focus on budget travel, travel tips, traveling light and have experience creating articles offering travelers helpful advice.
I also have experience with short-form writing for social media channels and offer those services for businesses looking to expand their presence on Twitter and Facebook as well as build their brands by getting the right message across.
“Many people aspire to be travel writers. Most don’t make the grade. Robin Locker Lacey does. Her expertise is in Italy and France and she knows her subject well. What I, as an editor enjoy most about Robin’s writing is that her work needs no editing and I can always count on her to think outside the box and be creative in the material she sends my way.” — Evelyn Hannon, editor, Journeywoman
Click on any of the links below to view a selection of my work :
- 10 Really Good Things I Know About Paris
- Seven Popular Foods Named After Places
- Six Little Italy Neighborhoods Across the United States
- How to Survive a Resort, if You’re Not a Resort Person
- 6 Places To Find Great And Exotic Street Food
- 8 Great Flea Market Destinations
- 8 Movies that Inspire Travel
- Christmas in New York-The Most Famous Traditions
- Experts Share Tips About Italy With Journeywoman
- Memorable Italian Meals
- Panettone: An Italian Holiday Tradition
- The Best French Food May Not be in France: A Culinary Tour of Quebec
- Travel & Art Intersect on the Road
- A Visit to Charming Montefioralle
- Five Favorites : Lucca
I have written an on-going monthly feature for Girls’ Guide to Paris which highlighted new shops, hotels, museums, special events, books, spas, clubs and more in Paris.
“Robin is one of the more connected travel writers out there, so if you need something written on France/Italy or anything travel – she’s your gal. Also if you want to get connected via Twitter and/or Facebook – she has fast become a wizard in the social media networking world. She’s driven our twitter traffic up dramatically!” –Doni Belau, founder, Girls Guide to Paris
Interested in hiring me for your next project? Get in touch to discuss an assignment.