Nothing says 'I love you' like a wedding!
By now, unless you live in a basement, you have heard about the awful earthquake, and subsequent aftershocks in L'Aquila Italy. So many people, so many historic buildings, so much history gone forever.
This Love Thursday, I wanted to spread some Twitter love.
- Jeanine Barone @jcreaturetravel
- Shane Sakata @shanesakata
- Jessica Speigel @italylogue
- Cherrye Moore @mybellavita
- Serendipity Traveler @PeggyCoonley
- Simone di Santi @ARoadRetraveled
- James Martin @wanderingitaly
- Pam Mandel @nerdseyeview
- Wendy Perrin @wendyperrin
- Soul Travelers 3 @soultravelers3
- Kim Mance @KimMance
- Darren Cronian @travelrants
- Gary Arndt @EverywhereTrip
- Craig Martin @craig_martin
- Miss Expatria @MissExpatria
- Debbie Dubrow @deliciousbaby
- Kelly of Travellious @kag2u
- Jamie Pearson @TravelSavvyMom
- Valerie Conners @vmconners
- Larry Habegger @LarryHabegger
- Shannon Hurst Lane @Cajun_Mama
- Jen Miner @MudslideMama
- Genarro @EWanderlust
- Maren Hogan @marenhogan
- Beth Blair @DesertMama
- Ann Lombardi @TheTripChicks
- Lifecruiser @Lifecruiser
- Nancy Aiello @ItalyTravelista
- Katie Parla @katieparla
- Lanora Mueller @WritingTravel
- Steven Roll @travelojos
- Christine Gilbert @almostfearless
First, I have to tell you, I have the. best. readers.
On our flight home from Paris four years ago, a man and his teenage daughter were seated in front of us. The man suddenly slumped into the aisle. Alarmed, we asked his daughter if he was all right. She said, "Oh yeah. He just took a sleeping pill with Jack Daniels. He's fine."
A few minutes later, she took out a red Sharpie and her video camera and started doodling all over her father's face and filming it! Everyone was laughing, including us, because he was passed out through the whole thing. I have a picture of her work, which I must say is QUITE good, and that is what I wish I could post.
Hours later, we finally land and disembark. We see the father and daughter shortly thereafter, a good dozen or so people ahead of us in the line at Customs. No one has said a word to the man; his daughter is gesturing to everyone behind his back to keep it quiet. He is walking through the airport with graffiti all over his face!
Finally, he and his daughter get to the front of the Customs line and the official takes him out of line and back into an office. He finally emerges, laughing and scrubbing his face while his daughter is nearly doubled over in hysterics.
That is the funniest thing I've ever seen while traveling!
Well, because it is Love Thursday, and because I love my readers and because I love a good laugh- of which I had a long hard one after seeing the photo that I asked Marsi to forward, I present to you:
It has been a long, cold, snowy Winter here so far in the Northeast.
1. Happy Valentine’s Day!, 2. love message, 3. LOVE, pop art, Indiana, 4. Queen Of Hearts, 5. Love XOXO, 6. Romantic Vintage 1900s Valentine Postcard–Cupid, Heart, Lady, 7. Pierced Arrow Heart Cookies, 8. Untitled, 9. Happy Valentine’s Day Everyone!, 10. Coffee with love, 11. Happy Valentines Day!, 12. Vintage Valentine’s Day Card
I Heart Flickr, 2. ❤, 3. Happy Valentine's Day, 4. love, 5. Art In Everything…, 6. Reflections of a peachy 😉, 7. purple heart, 8. Sparkly Hearts, 9. Purple Heart, 10. Love You, 11. WIP ♥ *, 12. Infatuate Me, 13. my purple heart, 14. hearts of glass, 15. Funky Purple Hearts – Design-a-day 5, 16. Put A Little Love In YOUR Heart, 17. Heart, 18. The Heart of the Matter, 19. Velvet Heart Beads, 20. Purple Heart
For my Mom, whose favorite color is purple. And all of those soldiers out there, who are fighting every day for our great country. And for my Uncle Georgie, who was shot in the leg on the beach in Normandy, France, but survived. He earned himself a purple heart!
Happy Love Thursday everyone!
It's the dead of winter here, and to my chagrin, not a flea market to be found for miles. Make that States.
The single best part about Christmas is getting to hang with my favorite dude.